Saturday, August 2, 2008

10th Year in Bemidji

(White Pines Resort on Turtle Lake, connected to Movil Lake)

Yes, I'm alive. No, not puking either. Not quite, anyway. (Thanks for checking, Lauralynn.) I didn't want to post on my blog that we'd be gone for a week in case some weirdo could track us down and rob all my valuable fake jewelry and huge money stash in the floor boards.

We just got back from our annual week up north in Bemidji, MN. For 10 years in a row now my parents have rented a cabin for all of us to spend a week together up at Movil Lake. My dad spent entire summers as a boy on this lake at his grandparents' cabin.


We had beautiful weather. There was lots of swimming and fishing, lots of eating, a little shopping, a Gilmore Girls marathon, and 3 dates for Wade. Wade took each of his girls on a special outing during the week. He and I went to our favorite Italian restaurant in Bemidji & then saw Batman (which rocked!) Abby & Daddy went out for coffee & a game of checkers, and Emily & Daddy bought tic tacs (Em's fave), gas station treats, and played at the park.



For our last night, we had a campfire with s'mores, my Dad & I played a little B-ball, and Wade and I played that game where you throw the ropes with the weighted thingies around goalpost looking things with 3 bars. (Anybody know what I'm talking about?)

It was a great week, but it's also great to be home. Let the laundry begin!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is called testicle toss

Anonymous said...

It is also called dingle berries.

Kara Jo said...

Haha! Hey, I want to know who anonymous is! Yeah, those names would fit...

Anybody know the real name?

Danielle said...

Gilmore Girls marathon!! WITHOUT me?! LOL Oh right, I do that almost every night. :) Ok, not quite a marathon....and with YOU it's so much better! It's like going back to my beginnings as a GG junkie. :)

Danielle said...

PS-I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in awhile!

Kara Jo said...

Danielle, we owe our Gilmore Girls fetish all to my sister anyway, but if it makes you feel any better--it did make me think of you. I'll call you soon.

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good time. I think that game might be called "Ladder Toss"? Not sure, but those other names could work too! :) Welcome home!

LadyD said...

For some reason I was thinking Bill a Bong- But I think Ladder Toss is right....
Come on Anon, Fess Up:)

Naomi said...

It is called Rodeo Golf. We've played it several times!

Kara Jo said...

Rodeo Golf...yes, that rings a bell!

-V- said...

I've heard it called 'Cowboy Golf'... :-)