Received this email from Ed this morning: (Feel free to leave comments to Ed & Vonda here, as they do have access to the blogs & I'm sure would appreciate encouraging words!)
Hi, again, everyone!
Today has taken a couple unexpected turns, but we are fine and happy to have been at Cherai during the transportation strike (and ban on road usage). The people here have been extraordinarily kind to us. Also, Sarah's presence and 'calm' have been such a blessing to us throughout the day.
The strike ended at 6:00 PM tonight (Thursday, July 3rd) and we understand the SKB driver is on his way to pick us up. Please pray for safety on the roads as we understood it would not have been safe to travel during the strike, and we will be traveling so soon after it. We are thankful for the expectation of being able to move ahead - our meeting Prathibha has been delayed a day, but hopefully, we will be there to meet her when she awakes tomorrow morning.
We are being taught by every opportunity to wait and trust His timing, rather than our plan. He is faithful to watch over us in every moment of clarity or uncertainty - we are abiding in His peace.
Love to all of you. The next time you hear from us, we will likely have met our daughter... :-)
12 comments:
E&V,
Glad you are all ok. Strikes are dangerous things and I am glad you were not allowed to travel on the roads during the strike. We are all holding you up in prayer and as I write this you have probably held your sweet girl. God's blessings on you all!
If my time calculations are right, I believe they'd be meeting Eva during what would be the middle of the night tonight for us.
Kj- What is the time difference? Are they ahead of us? Or behind us, in time.
Do you mean you think they might be there tonight? July 3- When we go to bed?
Is it like 2am for us tonight is
2pm in the afternoon for them?
We were going to pray for them at
2pm today, but all of these time things are confusing......
I just keep praying once any hour anyway...:)
She'll be "born" on the 4th of July, if you will be meeting her that day. So excited for you both and will continue to pray for your safety and peace. Pretty soon!!!
Kara,
Many thanks for posting these emails. We appreciate knowing what is going on so much!
Laura, I just talked to Jen & it sounded like the time difference is like 12 hours--ahead of us. So they will see the 4th of July morning 12 hours before we will. As I type, I bet they will be meeting her within the next couple of hours, (maybe even like 8 or 9PM our time) if not before. Keep praying!
Boy Kj, is your Sitemeter count going up! We keep checking in, think I have been here three times already today.......Still waiting to hear?
I hope it went well~
Laura, I'm just dying over here waiting. I Keep checking my email for any word from E&V. I'll post something as soon as I hear anything! Keep praying!
Oh man, I just realized that, again--if our time calculations are correct--that it's about 2:00 am there right now. It's the middle of the night. Which probably means the best we can hope for is an email later this evening. (Morning for them.) Dang it!
I'm surprised that they did not check in before bedtime....Maybe they just stayed with her till very late, hopefully they were just very tired and went to bed.
Isn't tonight the morning that they go to Eva's Ceremony?
I hope all is well with them, I hate to say it but that traffic strike has been on my mind today.
Laura, you're right. I have no idea how they're working everything out without it being a big rush. God knows...God knows...
We are 10.5 hours ahead of you.
Post a Comment