

Did some packing today--a little suitcase of what we'll bring to the hospital. (It may sit for a month, but I'd rather be ready than rushed.) One of the things I packed is this sweet rag blanket that my mom made for baby. :)
Also, can I just say that I love my new burner?...and not the kind on the stove! As I type, I'm listening to the Birth CD I just made from itunes. Woo-hoo!!! As I listen, it simultaneously makes me want to dance around and raise my hands in the air in praise to God...and fall on my face in worship.
I always like seeing what songs others list as their favorites--gives me a window into who they are. So, here are the songs I included:
1) Grace Like Rain (Todd Agnew)
2) You Are Everything (Matthew West)
3) One Pure and Holy Passion (Passion Worship Band)
4) Mighty to Save (Laura Story)
5) I will Lift My Eyes (Bebo Norman)
6) Brave (Nichole Nordeman)
7) All I Need (Bethany Dillon)
8) Glorified (Jared Anderson)
9) Here is Our King (David Crowder Band)
10) Give Me Your Eyes (Brandon Heath)
11) Legacy (Nichole Nordeman)
12) He's Always Been Faithful (Sara Groves)
Any here that you like too?
During labor, I tend to like more powerful and energetic music compared to others. (Most people seem to choose all mellow or soothing, but for the most part--that's not me.) I was going to include Love the Lord and Everyday by Lincoln Brewster...but decided maybe they were a little too energetic. So I'll put them on my running CD come Spring!
10 comments:
That looks like a great CD. I never used a birth CD when I had my babies. Do you listen with earphones or do they have a cd player that you put it into? When are you due again?
I see we have similar tastes :)
My top three on your list...
1. "Give Me Your Eyes" I just listened to it this morning on the way into work - it is so uplifting!
2. "Mighty to Save" This might possibly be my new favorite in worship songs. God always seems bigger after singing it.
3. "All I Need" This one has been a "keeps me going" song for quite some time now. I used to use it while running (I hate running), to push myself to run further instead of quitting, which I wanted to do about every 20 seconds. :)
BTW, it was great to see you on Saturday. I'm excited to meet #4! Happy laboring to you :) (I wouldn't normally say that to a pregnant woman, but you genuinely seem to look forward to giving birth... crazy lady!)
-Jamie Lynn
I love your CD! Burn me a cpoy! I'll burn you a copy of the one I used in May ... hey we could start a new mom trend ... "trading birth cds" ;-)
Oh ... here was what I had on my birthd cd:
Draw Me Close Women Of Faith
Once Again Matt Redman
Blessed Be Your Name Matt Redman
I Cannot Hide From You
Give Us Clean Hands MarkSchultz
You Said Reuben Morgan
Take My Life(And Let It Be) Chris Tomlin
Holy Is The Lord Chris Tomlin
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) Chris Tomlin
Remember Me Mark Schultz
Sweetly Broken Jeremy Riddle
Trust His Heart Babbie Mason
Let My Words Be Few Matt Redman
Give Me Words to Speak Aaron Shust
East to West Casting Crowns
Precious Lord, Take My Hand / Just
A Closer Walk With Thee Selah
Less Like Scars Sara Groves
The Wonderful Cross Matt Redman
Nicole, I like to use a CD player--there's something about knowing everyone is hearing the same music I'm hearing, and that is uplifting to me. I'll have to check to see if they have CD players at the hospital, otherwise I'll bring my own.
Jamie--good taste! And thanks for the well wishes--and yes, I am excited to give birth again! Lest you think me too crazy, I'll admit it isn't ALL giggles and grins, but I do love the birth process, and how empowered I feel after going through it. :)
Blessedw5 (Heather Dawn), I will make you a copy! I enjoyed reading the songs you listed on your birth CD, too. I like Chris Tomlin's "Holy Is the Lord" and Matt Redman's "Blessed Be Your Name." I love Sara Groves' music--I'll have to check out "Less Like Scars" as I'm not familiar with it.
I like your choices for music, especially Brave, All I Need, and He's Always Been Faithful. What a great idea, to make a birth cd...then whenever you hear those songs you will forever be reminded of that very special time in your and your child's life.
Bria, I was planning to mail you a copy in China...but now looks like I won't have to. :)
Kara Jo, I love all those songs. I also love Bebo Norman's "I Have Nothing." And anything by Chris Tomlin. I also really like Hillsong's version of "Mighty To Save."
I gave the wrong name for the Bebo song. It is called "Without You."
Great songs! I love the song Everyday too, but you're right, probably a little too upbeat for the occasion. Good postpartum though! :)
Post a Comment