
I've entered week 32 of my pregnancy. The nesting and preparations are in full swing now. Just wrote my birth plan this morning. Soon I'll take out the newborn clothes and wash them up so they are ready and waiting. (I should probably mention that the previous three kiddos all arrived between 36-38 weeks, so I always feel an urgency to have things completed by week 36, not week 40.)
And next on the agenda is making a birth music CD. I've been making a list of songs I've heard on KTIS that I'd like to download and put onto a CD. I don't think our computer has this capability (we don't even have a burner), plus I don't know where to begin or which sites offer the best deals/programs for downloading music legitimately.
I was wondering if any of the local folks might be willing to help me put together my CD?
Also, one last request--I'd like to find some sort of dresser to use for Baby. (Or one to use for one of the other kids, and then I'd pass theirs on to Baby.) I had checked Craig's List a while back, and will start doing so again. And if I don't find something I like, I can always use the open shelves of the changing table for a while. (Just not ideal.) I may even break down and buy a new one from IKEA. (Love that store!) I was just wondering if anyone by chance had a dresser they were wanting to sell or get rid of? Just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for considering!
11 comments:
So here's a great idea. You go to IKEA for your dresser and naturally, you also come see us for a visit (because why would you come that close and NOT visit us?). You bring with you a jump drive with the music you want burned (or email the music files to me) and I burn your CDs on our computer.
I know, it's genius.
Joey, I have no idea what a jump drive is. As for the music I want burned, I just have song titles/Artists. Tell me more.
:)
Other than that, great idea!
For Shelby I bought two small blonde dressers at IKEA they were only 3 small drawers each, but when I pushed them together we had a nice looking six drawer baby dresser- they were so cheap! I think this was Jen's idea.....can't remember:)
I figure if Jamie knows the term (in this case, "jump drive") all women know the term. :)
A jump drive is just a memory stick that has a connects to your computer with a USB. But if all you have is the song titles and artists - but not the actual songs - that would be irrelevant. You'd have to download the songs first. And that's probably more effort than a blog comment should allow for!
Or, Kara Jo could email the song titles and artists to Joey who then downloads them and burns a CD since she is busy with small children and Joey is...not.
Mom's love to find work for their children to do!
And children love to call out their grammar-enforcing moms when their moms are the ones making the grammatical errors.
"Mom's" with an apostrophe would be possessive, so that last sentence should say, "Moms."
I know, you're rolling your eyes...because that's what I used to do.
:)
Actually, not rolling my eyes but thinking, "Uhh, I can't believe I missed that. I want to be PERFECT!"
Call me. I may have a dresser for you.
If Tami's dresser doesn't work out, I was just thinking that I need to go to IKEA for a dresser for the girls' room--the same one that Laura's talking about--only $79, baby! We could make it a fun mom and toddler day over there, if you're up for it.
Joey & Keithslady--love the mother/son banter.
Jen, it wouldn't take much to talk me into going to IKEA anyway--dresser or not. Let me call Tami first, and also my mother-in-law may have an option for me as well.
Tami--thanks! I'll try to call you soon--this week is turning into crazy week somehow. Hey, would you by chance have anyway of emailing me a picture of the possibler dresser in mention?
I'd offer you a dresser, but we just sold it on Craigslist a few weeks ago. ;)
Post a Comment