Tuesday, April 29, 2008

He's Out Of The Closet

Yup. It finally happened. After over a year with 5 of us crammed into our 2 bedroom town home and Nathan sleeping in the closet, our basement is done and Nathan is in his own room!!! Wade has spent the last 10 months framing, insulating, wiring, plumbing, sheet rocking, taping and mudding, installing an egress window, painting, and nailing up trim. All of his hard work has paid off. We now have a beautiful room for the girls downstairs, as well as a TV/toy room, too. And can I just say I am in love with brand new carpeting.

Maybe I'll post some pictures when we finish decorating and putting everything in its place...and when Wade decides where he wants to put his flat screen TV!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It must feel so good to have that project done. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Carla said...

We both had boyz in the closet didn't we? Glad to see we busted them outta there!! Sounds awesome for the girlies too!

theswamphare said...

I want to be Wade when I grow up; is there anything he can't do?

Unknown said...

Yay! Go Wade!! It must be a great feeling to have made such progress on your home. Can't wait for the pics.

swirlingeddy said...

Wade is my favorite power tool!

I think the title of this post, combined with the next post, will be sufficient embarrassment for Nathan when he's a teenager.

Kara Jo said...

Ed, Ha! You're right...poor kid.

Danielle said...

Flat screen TV?!! Yes, PLEASE post pictures!!

Willow and Sprout said...

Oh! I am so glad the girls are moved!!! It has been a long wait. Yippee!