Yup. That's right. To Wade's and my knowledge, we have never taken a family vacation--even for a weekend--with just our family of 5. This past weekend marked our first. One night and 2 days at Wilderness Fellowship. We "camped" Little House on the Prairie style in a log cabin with no electricity (lanterns for light) and an outhouse for a bathroom. The kids loved sleeping in the loft--just like Mary and Laura.
We all commented on how fun it was to spend this time together. We took a long hike through the mud, stomped in the puddles, played tether ball, read books, had family devotions, played card games, and had cookies and milk around the campfire. Emily also wanted me to mention that she started spelling words all on her own this weekend! We had brought small chalkboards just like the ones the kids on Little House used to do their homework on. Emily really went to town and was so proud to show us her work. (She was gearing up for Kindergarten round-up on Monday.) Way to go Em!
It was just nice to slow down and not have an agenda. Wade and I even got a nap or two. Probably the sweetest moment to me was when Wade was napping up in the loft by himself. As I was heading down the ladder, I witnessed little Nathan kneel down right beside Wade. He folded his hands, bowed his head and prayed, "Jeezus, tank You fo my Daddy." That is the first time I've ever heard Nathan pray without being prompted. Talk about melting my heart.Thank You, Lord. We needed this weekend.
9 comments:
My eyes welled up when I read of little Nathan's prayer. How beautiful!! Children are such a blessing.
Don't you love Wilderness? Their ministry has been such a blessing to our family and so many others.
I am gald you all were able to get away. Sounds like it was a hit with the kids. You might just have to make it an annual thing:)
We love you guys . . .
E&V
P.S. Happy almost birthday.
That sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm so glad you got to have it. That Nathan--what a little sweetie!!
Oh my goodness. How sweet!
I'm glad you guys had a good time.
Excellent vacation!
By the way....yesterday I noticed your letter with Abby's newspaper picture was tucked safely behind the puppy dog's treat canister. I completely forgot to mail the letter before we left town, what seems like years ago. I am very sorry and will mail the picture tomorrow. I apologize....sorry.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND!!!!
This was a great God glorifying post...Nathan's prayer for his daddy was something else. Thanks
Love you!! Hi Pat.
Post a Comment