Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Reason for Snot

One of the things we've worked on with Abby is not being snotty.  Sometimes I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall in the process wondering when she'll 'get it.' 

Yesterday after gymnastics class Abby shared a revelation she'd had:

Abby:  "Mom, y'know that snotty girl in my gymnastics class?"
Me:  "Yeah."
Abby:  "Well, I think God put her in my class for a reason."
(Right about now, I'm thinking maybe she's thinking about another lesson we're working on...loving people where they're at.)
Me:  "Oh yeah...and what do you think that reason might be?"
Abby:  "To show me that that's how I can be sometimes...and I don't wanna be that way!"  [You're right, Mom]  People don't want to be around you when you're that way."

Haaaaa-le-lu-ia!!!! And the heavens part.  The light bulb went on.  Thank You, Lord for snotty girls. 

4 comments:

TheKupkaFamily said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see God working in my children. What a great story!

Jennifer Emmert said...

Loved this!

kristi noser said...

They always believe it when it doesn't come from us. No matter how many times we've said it.
Way to see the light Abby!

Grandpa Fishes said...

I thought that was funny but it was snot - What a revelation, Abby!