Emily started kindergarten this year. These were some of her comments after just the second day...
"I had a great day!!! There was nothing bad about it!" And then as an afterthought she added "Well, actually, my best friend broke up with me and I don't even know why!"
"Really? Your best friend, huh? What's her name?" I asked.
"I don't know," said Emily with a smile.
So the next day she came home and we asked if the girl was her friend again yet. Emily said the girl smiled at her. Emily was satisfied.
The following day the two started playing together again. Again we asked Emily if she knew her name yet.
"No, but I just asked her if I could call her Lisa and she said yes."
(Note, there are no Lisa's in her class.)
Glad that worked out then. :)
6 comments:
That's hilarious! Between your Emily and my Emma it's a barrel of laughs. For what it's worth Emma doesn't know the names of any of her friends either.
Well, whatever works I guess. Too cute.
LOL That reminds me of something funny Ariana said yesterday that I wanted to tell you. She had her first dance lesson and they went over all the rules with the kids (which I gathered from our conversation on the drive home.) I asked A what she learned, and one of the things she said was "we learned about throwing up when you're sick." I said, oh yeah you should go to dance when you're sick right? But she says very matter-of-factly, "oh no, you can still go to dance. they have trashcans there that you can throw up in." Ha! (They must have told them to use the trashcans if they suddenly get sick in class.)
Hmn, nice. Good to know, huh? :)
Hey, how come you changed your name from Danielle to Hmn? You're throwing me off here.
Cute! I love her . . .
Too funny! Gotta love the things they come up with!! She must LOOK like a Lisa...
Post a Comment