After a seemingly never ending winter, we had our first glimpse of warm weather today. Emily decided a swimsuit would be fitting for the occasion. The weather man predicted a high of 50 degrees. Don't know if it reached that, but for Emily a swimsuit and some snow boots were enough to bask in the glory.
Later when Abby came home from school the girls decided to set up a lemonade stand...only with rocks. They made the rounds and informed the neighbors of the great sale they were having. Their sign said "Grown ups $1, Babies 5 cents." You'd think this meant adults would be charged a buck and kids a nickel, respectively. Nope. Grown up ROCKS cost $1 and the little pebbles were a nickel. With supper time approaching, though, they slashed their prices after a while and put everything on clearance. They made some good cash, too.
Oh so glad for a glimpse of spring! What did you do to take in the warmth today?
8 comments:
The bathing suit is priceless! The Z man went out today in just his clothes and boots. He thought he was "the stuff". I don't think I'll tell him about the bathing suit...
Selling rocks..what cunning! I'm sure some people have made money before by selling rocks, but I have to confess I never would have thought of it!
We got the bikes down from storage in the garage. The kids were super excited about that. Love the swimsuit, Emily! What optimism!
How fun! That is too cute.
That "rocks"!
Oh, Jen. Awful.
I TOTALLY would have bought some rocks.
I tried selling mini snowmen one spring for 10 cents a piece. I couldn't understand why my mom thought no one would buy any. No one even stopped to look. I was crushed. Glad they had success!
Naomi, how creative. If I'd have been your neighbor, I'd have stopped to look. :)
that picture of Emily is priceless! Definitely one for the scrapbook. ;)
Post a Comment