Saturday, February 21, 2009

She Oughtta Be in Pictures

Courtney Jo...all pretty in pink!


Our wonderful midwife, Fern Aspen...she prayed over us during labor and read Scriptures to me as I coped with contractions. What a blessing.


Once labor got going, it felt a bit fast and furious--and doing it "au natural" was harder than I expected. We had an amazing water birth, though. And once it came to pushing, it just took a few and she was out!


Daddy gives Courtney Jo a bath






Adoring big sisters...little brother is not quite sure what to think yet.


7 comments:

Danielle said...

I LOVE all these pictures! Your midwife looks like an awesome person. I wish I could hold little Courtney Jo!

erin said...

I love Courtney Jo!
I love Kara Jo!
I love Fern!

Unknown said...

She looks so precious! And you, Kara Jo, look great! I've never seen such beautiful photos of a new mom who's just given birth. I'm so glad you got to have a water birth. I'm anxious to hear all about it. I want to give you a call, but I'll wait a bit for you all to settle in at home.

erin said...

p.s. Fern wore her Packers cap for SJ's birth. : ) Richard insisted.

Willow and Sprout said...

What beautiful pictures! I love you all!

NoOtherName said...

I heart Courtney Jo.

Fern needs a Bears do-rag!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you all! She is a beautiful little girl.

So happy it wasn't a false alarm. :)